Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do I need legal aid to get custody in this case?

My daughter has two daughters from a relationship where she lived with, but never married the father and no longer resides with him.Do I need legal aid to get custody in this case?
You do not get any custody. Your daughter has the children and you don't have any rights to them. You would have to have your own children to have any custody rights.Do I need legal aid to get custody in this case?
My husband and I have custody of two of our youngest daughter's children. We have had them since they were born (10 months apart).





She came back a couple of years later and wanted the two kids back after she had moved in with a convicted sex offender (not the children's father).





You did not mention what state you live in, but we live in Florida and the grand-children's father lives in Georgia. We had to hire and attorney and find him, then we had to serve papers on him in order to get custody. Thank goodness he took our side in the whole mess. But here in Florida, if you know who the father is, then you have to have him served with papers that you are seeking custody of the two children. It doesn't matter if they were married or not, you have to find the father and have him served too.
I think it would be safe for the children to get custody I don't know what the situation is. But it should be written by the judge who the children should reside with and when visitation days and hours between a mediator or whatever their called. It's just safe for the children. I remember my son was taken my his father and I got so scared because the judge ordered him to stay with my son at his mothers house. And he took off to his house far and I didn't have a car to go and get him. When I called the police they couldn't do nothing because I didn't have proof of the court order.
guessing you have reason to believe your daughter is not a good mother? I suppose you could get a lawyer..

No comments:

Post a Comment